SISA ALC accepts only those applicants who are capable of successfully completing the programs offered. In general, those who are over 18 years of age, have a high school diploma or equivalent, GED, or ability-to-benefit (ATB) from their intended program of study will be admitted. For a student under 18 years of age, applicant may apply with the signed consent of his/her parents or legal guardians. The final determination and full admission of an applicant is granted if the following requirements are met and provided to our school:
- SISA ALC admits students 18 years of age or older. For a student under 18 years of age, applicant may apply with the signed consent of his/her parents or legal guardians.
- All applicant must complete the application form and submit it along with applicable fees online, in person, or by mail.
- Submit official transcripts, certificates, or diplomas from any high school/college/universities/language schools attended, and copy of English Language Test (i,e., TOEFL) score report, if any, to help determine the applicant’s level placement.
- Read, clearly understand, sign and/or initial the Current School Catalog, Enrollment Agreement & School Performance Fact Sheet.
- Take English Proficiency Assessment Test provided by the school.
FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
For students wishing to attend the school as an international F-1 student must meet the same entrance requirements applicable to domestic students. In addition, an international student applicant must:
- Submit photocopies of valid passport.
- The applicant and/or sponsor(s) must submit a current Bank Statement(Dated within 4 months) showing ability to pay for education and living expenses of the student and the living expenses of spouse or children, if any, traveling with F-2 (dependent of student) visas. Further financial documentation may be required.
- For an F-1 initial and an F-1 initial Change of Status (COS) student, Bank Statement fund for the student must cover at least three (3) terms of the estimated total expense for acceptance.
- For an F-1 transfer student, released in status, the Bank Statement fund for the student must cover at least 1 term of his/her studies at SISA ALC for acceptance.
In addition, depending on their situation, applicants must follow one of the following procedures:
- Applying for a Student Visa (Initial)
Upon obtaining a SEVIS Form I-20, the student must pay the SEVIS I-901 fee prior to applying for an F-1 visa. Please visit http://www.fmjfee.com for details. The student must then have a visa interview with the local U.S. consulate for an F-1 Visa. For the interview, the student must bring the Form I-20, evidence of the SEVIS I-901 fee payment, a signed passport which must be valid for at least six months, a completed Form DS-156, and other applicable documents.
- Changing Status to F-1 ( Change of Status)
Upon obtaining a SEVIS Form I-20, the student must file a Form I-539 with USCIS to change from the student’s current non-immigrant status to an F-1 status. The payment of SEVIS I-901 fee is also required.
- Transferring with an F-1 visa
The student who already has a non-immigrant F-1 visa and wishes to attend SISA American Language Center must first submit a Transfer Eligibility/Evaluation (Notice of Intention to Transfer) Form completed by the school you are currently attending or attended. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure the release of the student’s SEVIS Form I-20 to SISA by communicating with the Designated School Official (DSO) of the school the student is currently attending or attended. Upon the release of the student’s record in SEVIS, SISA will issue the SEVIS Form I-20 to the student. The student should check with the office after the registration for the SEVIS Form I-20.